Wessex Schools Training Partnership
At the Wessex Schools Training Partnership, we pride ourselves on offering the most up to date, engaging and supportive programme of learning. With a cohort size of around 25, we are able to offer one to one support for every trainee teacher. This is invaluable during the challenging training year.
We have hand chosen schools based on their excellent environment to learn and their locality. We work closely with them and their outstanding staff deliver a large proportion of the training. The schools within the partnership allow us to offer a very different learning experience, ensuring that you find the right context for you. Our Schools are;
- Poole Grammar School
- Poole High School
- St Edwards RC VA School
- Parkstone Grammar School
- Cornerstone Academy
- Lytchett Minster School
- Glenmoor & Winton Academy
- The Bourne Academy
- Montacute School
- Dorset Studio School
- Blandford School
- Queen Elizabeth School
- Corfe Hills School
- Magna Academy
Our partnership schools are more than happy to welcome potential teachers into the classroom to observe lessons and the school day. If you would like to arrange this please contact Alison Foster – WSTP@poolehigh.poole.sch.uk.
What are we looking for?
- Potential to teach – We are looking for someone who is passionate about their subject and helping people to learn about it.
- Good communication skills with strong organisational and planning skills.
- Subject knowledge – We are looking for someone who has a genuine interest in the subject area in which they want to become a teacher.
- Capacity for hard work – The teaching profession requires long hours, hard work and stamina.
The WSTP also offer access to Subject Knowledge enhancement courses, designed to help the transition from a non-specialist degree into teaching an in-demand subject (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science, MFL). The Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) courses can be completed prior to the training programme commencing.